Globalisation and Resistance (8169.4)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Communication And Media||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesOn completion of this unit, students will have:
1. gained a basic understanding of the causes and effects of globalisation;
2. developed their ability to understand current world events, by contextualising them in relation to relevant global developments and processes; and
3. developed their ability to critically discuss key theories and ideologies of globalisation.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Recommended readings are all available via links on the unit Canvas site.
Participation at tutorials is highly recommended.
Required IT skills
The ability to use the library databases and internet effectively for research purposes.
Ability to navigate Canvas sites.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 2, 2018, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (178400)
- UC College Trimester 3, 2017, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (166536)
- Semester 2, 2017, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (164779)
- Winter Term, 2017, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (164813)
- UC College Trimester 3, 2016, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (161000)
- Semester 2, 2016, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (161001)
- Winter Term, 2016, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (161013)