Designing Dramatic Screen Stories G (11889.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse and deconstruct screen drama in terms of structure, character and narrative principles;
2. Create original screen concepts and write outlines, while cultivating thematic voice;
3. Evaluate, critically reflect on, and edit creative work as informed by dramatic narrative principles and the market; and
4. Pitch preliminary work confidently to peers and broad industry stakeholders to receive and integrate constructive feedback.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Dr Denise Thwaites|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||06 February 2023||Online||Dr Denise Thwaites|
Required course materials will be provided through the unit's Canvas website.
Required IT skills
Students require basic skills in word processing, online research, video conferencing and using the digital learning platform, Canvas. Students are encouraged to contact their unit convener, if they encounter technical obstables to completing the unit.
Work placement, internships or practicums