Built Environment Professional Thesis 1 (6CP) PG (11811.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.25||6||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Post Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Plan a discrete piece of an original industry-orientated research project;
2. Critically review and evaluate information from a range of sources to develop relevant research questions and to organise and conduct a critical literature review relevant to the relevant industry profession;
3. Take individual responsibility for the planning and implementation of an original piece of industry-orientated research work and lead in exploring the implications of that work in the broader context;
4. Clearly express professional knowledge, understanding, ideas, arguments and opinions with confidence and clarity, both written and spoken, with the effective use of relevant communication aids; and
5. Demonstrate the ability to work ethically within a professional team and to manage time, goals and priorities.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
4. UC graduates are able to demonstrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ways of knowing, being and doing - apply their knowledge to working with Indigenous Australians in socially just ways
Prerequisites11809 Built Environment Research Methods PG
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||06 February 2023||Flexible||Dr Saeed Banihashemi|
All required readings for this unit will be advised by the thesis supervisors, industry partners or from self learning.
Students need to attend regular meetings with their supervisors. Lack of attendance may result in their inability to satisfactorily pass assessment items.
Required IT skills
Common IT skills, such as writing a report electronically, and using web browsers are required.
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit may involve fieldwork/placement or internship/WIL project/simulation depending on the nature of the thesis you undertake. This will be determined during the design of your thesis project.