Building Information Modelling Technology G (11808.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
|| Bruce, Canberra
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of BIM-based structural, mechanical and electrical engineering requirements, building and construction standards, codes and practices;
2. Analyse and model engineering systems of building elements and compile building information ready for planning, design and construction;
3. Develop building engineering data in BIM applications and integrate into a common data environment; and
4. Create and evaluate the application and practices of BIM-based digital engineering models to design and construction case studies.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
This unit presents advanced topics and technologies in the building and construction industry. By completing this unit, students will gain an understanding and the required skillsets of Building Information Modelling that are required for advanced design and construction processes.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 2||31 July 2023||Flexible||AdjProf Khuong Le Nguyen|
|2024||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 2||29 July 2024||Flexible||Dr Hamed Golzad|
The required readings and online materials will be provided through the Canvas site of the unit.
Although the lectures are recorded and all of the contents will be available on the Canvas site of the unit, it is strongly advised that students attend all of the classes. It may be difficult to pass the unit without complete attndance and engagement.
Required IT skills
Knowledge of and skills of MS Office, MS Excel, BIM and internet browsing.
Work placement, internships or practicums