Smart Ideas for Communication G (11629.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Students will innovate, push boundaries and learn to develop smarter ideas with the potential to transform their industry. This unit provides opportunities for students to create, evaluate and reflect on their ideas, culminating in a practical intensive that integrates their learning and showcases their expertise as emerging communication leaders.
Learning outcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Evaluate and create strategic communication ideas and solutions by applying design thinking in a communication context;
2. Develop the skills for giving and receiving feedback in a constructive, collaborative environment and demonstrate an openness to ideas and perspectives that are different from their own; and
3. Articulate the value of design thinking in communication as a result of active participation in the design thinking process.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Mr Shaun Cheah|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||Online||Mr Shaun Cheah|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||Online||Mr Shaun Cheah|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Mr Shaun Cheah|
Required IT skills
Competency in PC based MS operating systems: PowerPoint, Word and Canvas will be assumed for this Unit.
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit requires strict adherence to professional practice principles and ethics. The professional nature of this unit also recommends participation in all learning activities.