Political and Social Theory (11243.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra School Of Politics, Economics And Society||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Debate and compare concepts and arguments of political and social thinkers;
2. Analyse and evaluate some of today's key political and social problems;
3. Apply political and social theory concepts to create an argument that successfully addresses a key problem; and
4. Reflect upon your unit experience, including theories, discussions and feedback, and how it relates to the goals set out in your professional portfolio.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Graduate Attributes are directly linked to the unit's Learning Outcomes.
PrerequisitesMust have passed 24 credit points.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||Flexible||Dr Heba Batainah|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||06 February 2023||Flexible||Dr Jean-Paul Gagnon|
There is no set textbook for this unit. The required readings for the unit are available on the Canvas page.
Students should attend all workshops for the unit.
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums