Australian National Cinema (11141.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse screen theory in regards to Australian National Cinema (MLO 1,);
2. Identify and respond to overarching themes within an Australian national identity as portrayed by an Austray'an National Cinema; and
3. Reflect on your own creative practice and where it sits within the theory of Australian National Cinema and notions of identity, culture and ideology (MLO 1, 2).
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
Equivalent units9016 Australian National Cinema.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Susan Thwaites|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||01 June 2021||Online||Mr Paul Bissett|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Susan Thwaites|
See Canvas site for this unit for more details on set readings.
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
See Canvas site for specific details on submission.
Special assessment requirements
See Canvas site for any special assessment requirement details.
There is a participation assessment attached to this unit, which requires students to be engaged and participating in the tutorials. See Canvas site for more details.
Required IT skills
Students doing a creative response option for the final assessment must have the technical IT skills related to that medium.
Consideration should be given to any costs for your creative response project, if you choose that option.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Winter Term, 2021, Online, UC - Canberra, Bruce (199511)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (199157)
- Winter Term, 2020, Online, UC - Canberra, Bruce (194872)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (193811)
- Winter Term, 2019, Online, UC - Canberra, Bruce (192434)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (190150)