The parent's name is entered on the waiting list in strict order of receipt. Priority guidelines for allocating places are in place to ensure continuity of care and priority is given to those who have used the Centre in the previous semester.
Please complete a wait list form and return it to us either via email or to our postal address. Please contact the centre every 3 months to ensure your name stays on the waiting list.
Kirinari Early Childhood Centre, University of Canberra, Bruce, ACT, 2601
Priority of Access Guidelines:
Children who are enrolled at the service or whose families are seeking a place at the service will be given Priority of Access in accordance with the guidelines that have been established by the Department of Family and Community Services and Indigenous Affairs. We will then offer places according to our arrangement with the University of Canberra.
Below are the Priority of Access levels, which the Service must follow when filling vacancies.
Priority given to University of Canberra students, UC alumni, University of Canberra staff and community.
- A child at risk of serious abuse or neglect.
- A child of a single parent/guardian who satisfies, or of parents/guardians who both satisfy the work/training/study test.
- Any other child.
Within these three categories priority is also given to the following children:
- Children in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
- Children in families which include a disabled person.
- Children in families on low income.
- Children in families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Children in socially isolated families.
- Children of single parents/guardian
- Places will be prioritised to UC students who can provide proof of their current enrolment at UC (half our places will initially be held for UC students)
- University staff members who are currently employed on a permanent, contractual or sessional basis will receive second priority
- Kirinari Early Childhood Centre employees
- University of Canberra Alumni
- The community.
University of Canberra students will be offered a Semester place at the centre. This will provide them with care from UC's Semester One Orientation week through to Exam Week Two and again from Semester Two Orientation week through to Exam Week Two.
Holiday bookings are available to students between the end of Semester Two and the beginning of Semester One and again between the end of Winter Term and the start of Semester Two.