Specialist Major in Service Management (SM0026.1)
|Canberra Business School||24|
The Service Management Major prepares students for a world where businesses and organisations must adopt a service perspective to successfully create value for their customers and stakeholders. Students will develop the knowledge and skills to manage for-profit and not-for-profit service organisations and adapt to changing business models. Students will be prepared for a world of transformation, to recognise and improve well-being for individuals, organisations, and communities. Students will tackle complex service problems by utilising and synthesising concepts and ideas from multiple business disciplines. Graduates of the service management major will have an impressive knowledge base and durable skillset to enable them to lead and thrive in the emerging service society.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media (MGAR01.1)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design (MGAR02.1)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts (MGAR03.1)
- Bachelor of Business (Service Management) (MGB107.1)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology (MGIT02.1)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology (MGIT02.2)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics (MGIT03.1)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics (MGIT03.2)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology (MGSC02.1)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology (MGSC02.2)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws (MGSC03.1)
- Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business (SCMG01.1)
Note: - Must note the following
- From 2021 unit 11043 has been replaced by unit 11655.
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.