Specialist Major in Journalism (SM0007.2)
|Faculty of Arts and Design||School of Arts and Communications||24|
Tell engaging stories that matter, in ways that create impact.
With a Specialist Major in Journalism from the University of Canberra you¿ll be equipped for success in a media and communications landscape that¿s changing faster than ever. In this course you will learn by doing, developing your skills and knowledge in a realistic production environment. You will engage with big ideas and the theoretical underpinnings of journalism, and apply them in your work.
From day one, you¿ll work hands-on as a student journalist for The Owl and UCFM, and by the end of your studies you¿ll be exercising editorial leadership across the entire student body. Along the way, you¿ll build the editorial and technical competencies required to produce compelling, accurate and trustworthy journalism for contemporary and future audiences. You¿ll graduate as a confident communicator who employs the highest standards of professionalism and ethical practice in your work.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media (ARAR01.3)
- Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media (ARAR02.2)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Journalism) (ARB102.2)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management (ARMG01.2)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws (ARSC02.2)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media (MGAR01.2)
- Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media (SCAR01.2)