Specialist Major in Journalism (SM0007.1)
|Faculty of Arts and Design||School of Arts and Communications||24|
Do you want to be seen and heard and tell stories that make a difference? Stories are at the heart of all communication. Journalism is the profession of telling true and accurate stories about your world. These storytelling skills are in high demand across all communications roles in this rapidly changing media environment. From traditional reporting to digital curation, content creation and freelancing, studying journalism at UC will prepare you for employment in the growing field of journalistic content creation and communications. UC journalism provides you with the key skills to produce engaging quality journalism in a multi-platform media environment. You will gain real world industry experience through internship placements with local and national media organisations and be encouraged to study abroad and gain an international perspective on local issues. You will learn how to research, produce, publish and promote news, feature, data, audio and video stories that make a difference. You will also develop your editorial judgement and leadership capability by working in teams to publish your original stories on air and online. Together, we will help you to develop into a confident professional storyteller able to work in journalism and communications roles locally or internationally.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media (ARAR01.1)
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media (ARAR01.2)
- Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media (ARAR02.1)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Journalism) (ARB102.1)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management (ARMG01.1)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws (ARSC02.1)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media (MGAR01.1)
- Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media (SCAR01.1)