Specialist Major in Corporate and Public Communication (SM0006.1)
|Faculty of Arts and Design||School of Arts and Communications||24|
The Bachelor of Communication and Media (Corporate and Public Communication) enables students to be critically aware, ethically responsible and multi-skilled professionals in the diverse yet integrated industries of public relations, public affairs and corporate communication. In this course, students will develop the theoretical, interdisciplinary and practical knowledge to understand how historical and current social, political and economic processes influence, and are influenced by, communication. They will learn the diverse skills needed in fast-paced communications industries including strategy and campaign development; social and digital analytics; the basics of graphic design and visual language, multi-media production and stakeholder management. Real world learning is a key feature, from the involvement of industry adjuncts and workplace visits in first year through to internships, case studies and development of strategies and projects for real-world clients in later years. Through this consistent application of theory to practice, students will develop and acquire the high level, transferable skills necessary for them to thrive in a rapidly changing professional media environment.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media (ARAR01.1)
- Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media (ARAR02.1)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Corporate and Public Communication) (ARB101.1)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management (ARMG01.1)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws (ARSC02.1)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media (MGAR01.1)
- Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media (SCAR01.1)