Specialist Major in Global Studies (SM0005.1)
|Faculty of Arts and Design||School of Arts and Communications||24|
The Global Studies major prepares students to be active global citizens who can find creative ways of addressing the challenges faced by the international community, now and in the future; who understand the complex, interconnected, and culturally diverse nature of the contemporary world; who think critically about issues within their global context; and who possess the flexibility, analytical skills, and global mindset to adapt effectively to rapidly changing work environments. Students will learn to make use of interdisciplinary perspectives to; - understand cultural diversity, and socio-cultural change in local communities and transnational contexts - critically analyse global institutions, social movements, frameworks, and processes in their historical context - engage in critical reflection and problem solving in relation to major global challenges such as environmental degradation, resource scarcity, climate change, and social justice The major will prepare students for a wide range of careers in a globalised world helping them to develop the intercultural competencies, critical thinking skills, and interdisciplinary understanding of the global context that are valued by a large range of employers across government, business, and the NGO sector.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media (ARAR01.1)
- Bachelor of Arts (Global Studies) (ARB005.1)
- Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management (ARMG02.1)
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology (ARSC01.1)
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology (ARSC01.2)
- Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws (ARSC03.1)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts (MGAR03.1)
- Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts (SCAR02.1)