Core Major in Event and Tourism Management (CM0010.1)
|Canberra Business School
The event and tourism industries are fast growing and require a skilled and experienced workforce to help drive forward their growth and sustainability. Tourism directly contributes almost 3% to Australia's GDP, similar to the agriculture sector. This course explores the nexus between the events and tourism industries and is underpinned with a foundation in business studies that will develop knowledge and skills relevant for those students seeking a career in the event and tourism industries. Events considered, both in tourism and non-tourism contexts, may include sports, festivals, conventions, meetings, and community activities. Key elements of the course are the development of teamwork skills, critical thinking and the pursuit of workplace experiences to enhance the employability of students upon graduation, who are seeking careers in the diverse and evolving event and tourism industries.
Core majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
- Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management (ARMG01.1)
- Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management (ARMG02.1)
- Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management (ARMG02.2)
- Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management (MGB401.1)
- Bachelor of Sports Management/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management (MGMG01.1)
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.