Overseas Student Health Cover
The Australian Government requires international students who are on a student visa to have Australian sourced health insurance, called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), for the duration of their time in Australia on a student visa.
Supplier of OSHC
OSHC is organised by the University of Canberra for new students who are offshore (i.e. not in Australia) at the time of their application for Admission. The University's preferred supplier is Allianz Global Assistance. Students can elect to arrange their own OSHC and must finalise this prior to applying for a student visa.
If a student's family is accompanying them to Australia it is a visa requirement that their OSHC is upgraded from single to family cover. Contact Allianz Global Assistance directly to make changes to your OSHC.
What is included in your Allianz OSHC policy
- Free medical treatment at UC Medical and Counselling Centre
- No waiting periods for pregnancy cover
- Access to AGA on campus staff member to assist with healthcare information
- Free Allianz Health insurance app - the only OSHC app to offer full claim capability and medical term translator
- AGA Telehealth powered by Doctors on Demand, at no extra charge*
- Safety and Security services powered by Sonder
Ordering your OSHC card
Upon arrival in Australia students must order their OSHC card through the Allianz Global Assistance webpage:
- Log into your Allianz Global Assistance account.
- Policy number = UC student number with 'UC' at the end (e.g. 3003001UC).
- Provide your Australian residential address.