Print this page

Student Welfare

Need Help?

Sometimes you just aren't sure who can help you or where to go. The Welfare Officer can refer you to services at UC or around Canberra, or can just be someone to talk to!

A Student Welfare Officer will be able to support you with a variety of issues including grievances, misconduct, financial difficulties, study problems and anything else you may be worried about.

Contact with the Welfare Office is confidential and free to all students.

How do I see them?

Bookings are available all weekdays to see a Student Welfare Officer. Use the below contact information to make a booking today.

Phone: 02 6206 8841
Location: Student Centre in Building 1 (Please look for 'Welfare and Elite Athletes' on the Q-Flow Machine)

More resources

For rent sign.

Looking for somewhere to live?

On Campus

The University of Canberra has several on campus options – for more information and prices, see the Accommodation page. As with private rentals ensure you understand the terms and conditions of your lease prior to signing.

Off Campus

Renting in a share house is a common option for many students. Make sure you understand all the costs involved before signing a lease:

  • Bond (maximum four weeks rent)
  • Rent each month (usually a month in advance)
  • Furniture and appliances – bed, wardrobe, fridge, washing machine, cutlery, pots/pans, utensils, food, cleaning products
  • Utilities and bills
  • Moving/relocation costs
  • Connection fees for phone/gas/electricity
  • Duration of lease and the conditions associated with break the lease.

Having trouble with your accommodation?

Eviction, trouble paying rent, and problems with housemates are all common causes of tenancy problems. Make sure you are getting the best advice by contacting:

UCSA Advocacy Officer
T: 6201 2000

ACT Tenants Union
T: 6247 1026 (Free Advisory Service)

Supportive Tenancy Service
T: 02 6207 2427

Student & Staff Login

Student Login Staff Login