Australian National Museum of Education
Building 5, Level A, Room 5A4
University of Canberra
+61 02 6201 2473
2 Park Terrace
Ceduna School Museum built in 1912 was also the first post office and the first gaol.
The Ceduna School House museum also has a collection including aboriginal artefacts and those related to Maralinga Village where British Nuclear tests were carried out between 1956 and 1963.
Other buildings within the complex include the Denial Bay Gaol, large machinery sheds, a blacksmith’s shop, a church, and a cottage.
Other items on display include a large collection of household items and restored farm machinery of all types used by the local pioneering families of the past, a room containing a large array of medical equipment dedicated to the Bush Church Aid Society, a plaster cast of a 25-foot basking shark found at Fowlers Bay in 1914 and the skull and ribs of a Southern Right whale.
UC acknowledges the Ngunnawal people, traditional custodians of the lands where Bruce campus is situated. We wish to acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of Canberra and the region. We also acknowledge all other First Nations Peoples on whose lands we gather.