Library Printing and Photocopying
On this page:
- Printing, Photocopying and Scanning
- Getting Started
- Printing, Photocopying and Scanning Costs
- Printing Instructions
- Printing, Photocopying and Scanning FAQ
Printing and Photocopying Brochure (pdf 183kb)
UC students can print and photocopy by using the Multi-Function Devices (MFDs) available in various locations throughout the Library. Students must have a student card to print, photocopy and scan. Walk-in users can purchase a photocopy credit card. The MFDs are located on:
- Level B - 4 MFDs rear of the Library
- Level B - 1 MFD in the Short Loan Area
- Level B - 2 MFD in the Commons
- Level C - 2 MFDs near the student computers
- Level D - 1 MFD near the student computers
Printing, Photocopying and Scanning is available from all MFDs.
To print, photocopy and scan you will need a current University of Canberra Student ID card with credit added.
To add credit, take your student ID card to one of the AutoLoaders located on Level B and follow the instructions. The AutoLoaders only accept gold coins and notes.
If you do not have a University of Canberra Student ID card, you can purchase a photocopy credit at one of the AutoLoaders located on Level B. Follow the instructions at the AutoLoaders.
Black and white:
A4 & A3 pages - 10c
Double sided - 18c
Colour:A4 & A3 pages - 25c
Double sided - 38c
Once you have sent your print job to one of the MFDs, you'll need to take your student card to any MFD and follow instructions at the machine. For assistance go to the Loans & Information Desk or call a Rover.
NB: Credit is not deducted from your account until your job is released.
NB: You can view and release only your own print jobs at the MFD.
- Can I photocopy onto overhead transparencies?
- Can UC staff members photocopy in the Library?
- Is there a scanner in the Library?
- Can I still print or photocopy if I've forgotten my student ID card?
- My student ID card has been lost / stolen, what can I do?
- The MFD has a paper jam / is out of paper / toner, what can I do?
- I don't know where I sent my print job, how can I find out?
- I sent my print job but nothing is coming out of the MFD, what do I do?
- I released my print job but it doesn't print out, what do I do?
- My student ID card doesn't work, what do I do?
Overhead transparencies may not be used in the Library's MFDs.
Academic staff may borrow a photocopy card with credit on it for photocopying Library materials on presentation of their staff ID card at the Information and Loans Desk.
The MFDs scan documents. To save your scanned document you can save to a USB or send to your UC email.
4. Can I still print or photocopy if I've forgotten my student ID card?
If you've forgotten your ID card you will be unable to print on campus. The printing system links to your student card.
5. My student ID card has been lost / stolen, what can I do?
You should report the loss to the Student Centre immediately to avoid your credit being used by someone else. The Student Centre can cancel your ID card and issue you with a new one. You will be able to use your new ID card for printing and photocopying the following day.
6. The MFD has a paper jam / is out of paper / toner, what can I do?
If the MFD you are using displays an error message of any kind please report it to a Library Rover or the Information and Loans Desk on Level B. Library staff will be able to re-credit your account and cancel your print job.
Library staff will attempt to rectify any problems that may be preventing you from using an MFD.
7. I sent my print job but nothing is coming out of the MFD, what do I do?
You need to release your print job at the MFD before it will print. Read and follow the printing instructions at the MFD to release and retrieve your print job.
8. I swiped my card but nothing is happening, what now?
You need to choose whether you want to print or photocopy at the MFD before you present your ID card over the keypad.
Select '1' to photocopy or '2' to print on the keypad next to the MFD then present your ID card over the keypad. You should now be able to proceed.
If you're still having problems, you may have a faulty card. Take it to the Information and Loans Desk on Level B for help.
9. I released my print job but it doesn't print out, what do I do?
- Do you have enough credit on your account to print your job? If not, add more credit to your account and try again
- Is the paper tray empty? If so, choose another paper tray on the MFD and try again
- Is there an error message on the MFD? If so, report to the Information and Loans Desk for help
- If you're not sure what the problem is, report to the Information and Loans Desk for help
10. My student ID card doesn't work, what do I do?
To use the MFDs in the Library you must be an enrolled student with a current student ID card, or have purchased a photocopy card from the AutoLoader.
To correctly use the MFDs and the AutoLoader you need to present your ID card over the proximity reader on each machine. The proximity readers are located on the keypad next to each MFD and on the black card reader on the AutoLoader.
You need to hold your ID card approximately 2 or 3 centimetres above the proximity reader and keep it still until you hear a beep. When you hear the beep your card has been read and you have been logged onto the machine. Make sure you log off your account at the machine by pressing the 'finish' button every time.
If the AutoLoader or the MFD will not read your ID card, please take your ID card to the Information and Loans Desk on Level B so Library staff can check for problems or refer you to the Student Centre for a replacement card.
Content Responsibility:Glenis Matheson