Equity and Diversity
UC aspires to be a university that values equity and diversity, and seeks to embody these values in its staff, students, academic programs and relations with the community. In particular, the University will:
- recognise, encourage and celebrate students from all sections of society;
- promote an environment that fosters fairness, equity and respect for social and cultural diversity;
- support students and staff to reach their full potential through the promotion of reasonable expectations and provision of an inclusive learning climate;
- offer programs that aim to overcome disadvantage for student and staff equity groups; and
- ensure that staff and students are aware of their rights and responsibilities as members of the University community.