2021 University of Canberra PhD Scholarships (Translational Health Research)
The Health Research Institute (Faculty of Health) Scholarship Scheme aims to attract the brightest people who will be health leaders of the future. Students will use research to answer ‘real world’ questions and issues that have impact on practice and policy.
The University of Canberra has undergone significant transformation over the past 10 years and has continued to rise rapidly in the international rankings. The University is ranked number 18 in the 2020 Times Higher Education (THE) Young University Rankings and puts the University of Canberra among the world’s top 20 young universities. The Health Research Institute was awarded the highest of national research ratings “well above world standard’ in the latest Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA2018) for Public Health and Health Services Research.
The successful candidate will be enrolled into our flagship PhD Plus programme and be integrated into high performing academic teams in a world class research environment.
PhD candidates will be awarded a scholarship stipend of $28,000 per annum (and indexed), comprising a tax-free living allowance for 3 years. Please note that international fees are NOT included.
As an embedded component of their research degree, each student will have the opportunity to spend part of their candidature with a community, local government or industry partner applying knowledge and developing ‘real-world’ skills.
- Technical methods for the use of large, linked data sets in health system performance analysis.
- Investigating consumer interest in health system performance information and designing modes of delivery
- Drivers of health system spending
- Variations in health system practices and performance across locations and services
- Short- and long-term health system impacts of COVID-19
- Early childhood development and play
- Consumer co-designed preventive health and self-care management programmes
- The Expert Patient – an approach to improved health in Australia
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the University of Canberra’s admission requirements;
- meet residency requirements;
- not be currently enrolled in a PhD program at another university at the time of application;
- apply as a full-time candidate;
- have obtained the equivalent of a Master’s degree by research or 1st Class honours degree.
- Be available to start in August 2021 (Semester 2)
Successful candidates must be located on the UC campus in Bruce.
Application Process for the PhD Scholarship
- Prospective applicants should submit an expression of interest (EOI) to the Director of the HRI via email and provide information on their research experience and qualifications. Please indicate which area(s) of research you are interested in.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a full application.
- Applications will be assessed by the HRI Research Committee and ranked and interviewed.
Please send your EOI, Curriculum Vitae, a copy of your academic record and a 1-2 page outline of: your research skills, any publications and your experience to: Prof Rachel Davey.
EOIs close 30th June 2021