Print this page

Research Degree Fees

Tuition Fees

Domestic research candidates

Domestic research candidates' tuition fees are supported by the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) through provision of a fee offset scholarship. The maximum period of support is four years' full-time equivalent a doctoral course (PhD or professional doctorate) and two years' full-time equivalent for a master by research.

Candidates who exceed their RTP entitlement but continue their enrolment will need to pay tuition fees for periods of enrolment beyond the maximum entitlement period. Eligible domestic students may defer the tuition fees to FEE-HELP (more information below).

International research candidates

International are required to pay tuition fees to the University for the duration of their research degree, or have tuition fees paid on their behalf if sponsored by their home government or university.

Research Tuition fee rates can be found here: Research fees and costs

Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)

All students, including research candidates, are required to pay a Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) each year. For more information on the SSAF see here: Student Services and Amenities Fees

Domestic Students may be eligible to access a SA-HELP loan to defer the SSAF.

FEE-HELP for domestic candidates

Australian citizens and holders of permanent humanitarian visas are generally entitled to apply for FEE-HELP assistance.

To request FEE-HELP assistance you are required to complete a Request for FEE-HELP Assistance form, available from the Graduate Research Office. This form must be submitted to the University BEFORE the census date of the semester for which the student is requesting FEE-HELP. More information here: Fee-Help