Call for Papers, Posters and Panels
The call for papers for the 2019 Seeds of Change: Gender equality through agricultural research for development conference is now open.
The deadline for submission is 9am Sunday, 18 November 2018 (AEDT).
The conference is an interdisciplinary conference for researchers and practitioners in all fields of agriculture (including food/commodity/cash crops, subsistence/semi-subsistence sectors, supply chains, forestry, fisheries, and water management)
We invite presentations on the following topics:
- Gender and equity for nutritious and healthy food systems
- Gender, agricultural productivity and rural transformation
- Cultivating equality: bringing evidence from the field to close the agricultural gender gap
- Men, masculinity and changing rural economies
- Labour and production relations
- Gender integration in agri-food systems research for development
Submissions are welcome from academics, practitioners and students.
Please note that a small number of authors will be invited to contribute to a peer-refereed post-conference publication.
- Paper: 20 minutes
- Panels of 3 – 4 papers: 60 minutes
- Roundtable discussion 3 – 4 people: 60 minutes
Presentation proposal format
- Presentation type (paper, panel, roundtable, poster)
- Name and number of theme
- Presentation title (be catchy, clear and concise)
- Corresponding author (name, position, institution, country, email address)
- Other author(s) (name, position, institution, country)
- Outline (300 to 500 words)
Proposal Submission Instructions
All outlines must be emailed as a Word attachment to conference liaison, Siew Tan at Siewimm.Tan@canberra.edu.au by 9am Sunday, 18 November 2018 (AEDT).
Notification of Acceptance
Notifications of acceptance/rejection will be emailed to the submitting author by Wednesday, 5 December 2018 (AEDT).
Those who are accepted will be required to submit a 250-word abstract.
The presenting author will be required to submit their 250-word abstract and to register for the conference by Friday, 1 March 2019 (AEDT) to ensure that their presentation is included in the final program.
Accepted abstracts will be published on the conference website and will be included in the conference program.