Welcome to the University Policy Library.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for please use the 'search' function below.
Delegations of Authority Policy is the key document for who is responsible to exercise a delegation – Note: Policies and procedure documents may not reflect the current delegations. Please refer to the Delegations of Authority Policy to identify who the delegate is.
International Student Transfer Assessment Policy
- This policy sets out how the University of Canberra administers requests from international students holding a student visa seeking transfer between registered providers where the student has not completed the first six months of their principal course of study.
- The purpose of this policy is to ensure the University of Canberra’s administration of requests for transfer is consistent with the intent of the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (National Code 2018) under the terms of the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000, while ensuring applications are based upon genuine grounds.
- This policy applies to all international students holding a student visa seeking transfer between registered providers where the student has not completed the first six months of their principal course of study at University of Canberra including through a package of courses leading to a University of Canberra degree program.
- Students seeking to transfer from the University of Canberra
- Students seeking to transfer to the University of Canberra
|International Student Support Service||
|Director Student Connect||
This policy is governed by the
6. Supporting Information:
|Student visa||The student visa is an authorisation permitting people who are not Australian citizens or permanent residents to come to Australia for the primary purpose of studying in Australia as defined by the Migration Act 1958. (definition from the National Code)|
|Principal course of study||The principal course of study refers to the main course of study to be undertaken by an overseas student where a student visa has been issued for multiple courses of study. The principal course of study would normally be the final course of study where the overseas student arrives in Australia with a student visa that covers multiple courses. (definition from the National Code)|