Welcome to the University Policy Library.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for please use the 'search' function below.
Delegations of Authority Policy is the key document for who is responsible to exercise a delegation – Note: Policies and procedure documents may not reflect the current delegations. Please refer to the Delegations of Authority Policy to identify who the delegate is.
Variation of Course Requirements Procedure
This document sets out conditions under which approval may be granted to an individual student to modify the course requirements specified in the Determination of Course Particulars (DCP) for the course the student is enrolled in, and have the modified requirements count towards completion of the student’s course.
This document includes the procedures for variation of course requirements and applies to all University courses.
- A student must request a VCR on the appropriate form, except in the case where credit (including cross-institutional study and exchange programs) is the basis for the variation. In this case the variation is handled as part of the credit procedures.
- The Dean has the authority with the Faculty to determine the outcome of VCR applications which comply with policy, except where VCRs are requested for extension of the maximum period of time to complete the academic requirements of the course. The Dean may delegate this power to another member of academic staff.
- The Faculty Board has the authority to approve a recommendation for a VCR to extend the maximum period of time within which all the academic requirements for a course must be successfully completed.
- A student may appeal against a VCR decision under the Student Grievance Resolution Policy. The decision cannot be challenged on the grounds of academic judgement. An appeal will only be on the grounds that University procedures for authorising a VCR have not been correctly applied.
4. Roles and Responsibilities:
|The Dean’s delegate (as determined by the Dean)||
|Chair of the University Education Committee (or other member of UEC appointed by the Chair for this purpose)||
5. Governing Policy and Legislation:
6. Supporting Information: