Finish your studies sooner
Use your previous learning or past work experience to complete your degree sooner. This can be done via:
- a credit transfer
- recognition of prior learning (RPL).
What is a credit transfer?
If you have studied at another university or higher education institution you can apply to transfer your credit and your previous studies will count towards your degree with us.
We will acknowledge:
- previously completed study
- partially completed study or qualifications (such as a trade or university degree)
- informal learning. (in limited instances).
Applicable previous study would typically have taken place at institutions such as:
- Other universities
What is RPL?
Recognition of Prior Learning refers to the acknowledgement of unofficial yet beneficial learning towards your degree.
For example you may have either:
- worked in the industry of your award
- done a course or courses that don't have official credentials.
How to apply for credit through:
- If your study is not on the list you can see if you are eligible for credit through recognition of prior learning.
2. Apply for credit transfer
- First Consult with your faculty to confirm your eligibility, approval and a future study plan.
- Then fill in the credit application form
- Be sure to attach an official transcript of your results (the original or a certified copy).
3. Be sure not to
- Make sure you don't enrol in any units that you are seeking credit or exemption for.
For International students:
- make sure your study plan allows full time enrolment
- if you need to change the duration of your visa consult an International Student Advisor.
Even if your learning experience is not listed in our credit transfer database you can still apply for credit.
For information on RPL-based admission contact either: