Cross institutional and non award applications
Cross institutional and non award study are a great way to make the most of UC's flexible study arrangements.
Cross institutional study is for:
- Students currently enrolled at another Australian university wishing to complete units at UC
- Current UC students wishing to study units at another Australian university to be credited toward their UC degree
Non award study is for:
- studying individual units at UC without leading to the award of a degree
If you are currently enrolled in a degree at another Australian university and would like to complete units at UC, you can apply as a cross institutional student. The units you study at UC will be credited towards your degree at your home university.
- Download and fill in UC's Cross Institutional or Non Award Studies Application Form
- Have your home university approve and sign off the form
- Submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the UC Student Centre in Building 1 on campus
If you are a current UC student you may apply to study units at another Australian university and have them credited towards your UC degree.
- Fill in the required cross institutional application form from the host university (please note you are required to submit the unit outline from the external institution as a supporting document)
- Get approval from your UC Course Convener on the units you plan to study to ensure they will be credited towards your UC degree
- Have your UC Course Convener sign off on your cross institutional application form
- Take your cross institutional application form to the UC Student Centre in Building 1 to be approved and ready to submit to your host university
- UC will enrol you in a cross institutional unit for the period you are studying at your host university
- Once you have completed your cross institutional units you need to provide a copy of your official academic transcript to the UC Student Centre at email@example.com or in person in Building 1 on campus
Enrolling as a non award student lets you study individual units without leading to the award of a whole degree. You might like to complete individual units for your personal interest or professional development.
Non award study is not commonwealth supported and you will be required to pay your fees upfront. For detailed information on the units available at UC, search our courses and units database.
- Fill in and submit UC's Cross Institutional or Non Award Studies Application Form
- Once approved you will be sent a UC offer letter with instructions on how to accept your offer
- Your fees for non award study must be paid upfront before census date. You can obtain a statement of account outlining your fees using the MyUC student portal