Creative and Cultural Futures: Leadership and Change
- Faculty of Arts and Design
- Public lectures/seminars
- Professional Development
A symposium exploring the critical issues driving change in the sector
The cultural sector is a driver of economic development and integral to community wellbeing, yet it faces many challenges, from the impact of new technology to changes in funding models. How will we equip professionals in the sector to adapt to these changes; and foster flexibility, confidence and resilience in future leaders?
Questions to be discussed include:
- What are the critical issues driving change - convergence, participation, democratisation, digital culture, sustainability, decolonisation?
- What does it mean to see the GLAM and heritage sector as part of a broader creative and cultural economy?
- What might careers in this rapidly changing sector look like in the future?
- What does it mean to be a cultural leader?