Creative Project 1 (9702.4)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply discipline specific skills to achieve project outcomes;
2. Manage the project effectively and record, document and evaluate the project experience; and
3. Employ communication skills in an academic and/or creative context.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Discipline area will recommend readings appropriate to the approved project.
Learning will be most effective in this course when students and teaching staff engage face to face.
Students are expected to attend and actively participate in all lectures and workshops.
Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, however, it is extremely important that if students feel unwell, they do not attend on-campus classes, and instead contact their unit convenor for advice about how they can continue to participate in the unit.
Students who attend campus for class or other purposes must play their part in keeping our campus and community safe by following these basic guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission: Practise good hand hygiene, washing hands regularly; If you do happen to cough or sneeze, please do so into the crook of your elbow, dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands immediately; Practise effective physical distancing; Follow all directions of teaching and other UC staff regarding safety measures; Stay off campus if you are unwell and get tested according to Queensland Government guidelines, and Follow TAFE Queensland communications for current health and campus advice https://tafeqld.edu.au/current-students/health-advice.html?
Required IT skills
This unit assumes IT and media production skills in line with the prerequisite units. Students should be comfortable designing, developing and producing digital media in a range of forms.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Depending on the project, WIL could be applicable to this unit.
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (199377)
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (199842)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (196192)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (194334)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (194333)
- Semester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (191318)
- Winter Term, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Nambour (192659)
- Winter Term, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (192584)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Nambour (191319)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (191322)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (191321)