Listening to Global Voices: World Literature and Cinema (11149.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse globally diverse texts (in various forms) in relation to questions of power and cultural identity;
2. Apply key theoretical frameworks to the analysis of diverse texts; and
3. Articulate a reflective understanding of some of the key cultural impacts of colonisation, decolonisation, and migration.
Graduate attributes2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
PrerequisitesMust have completed 24 credit points.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Mr Temple Uwalaka|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Mr Temple Uwalaka|
None - There will be a variety of short texts set for each tutorial. See Canvas for more on this. 'Texts' in this unit are not limited to words, can be sounds pieces, and visual pieces.
On top of the weekly readings and schedualed classes this unit also requires you to read at least one novel, and watch at least one film. Film screenings will be organised or films will made available to students through the library.
Inclusion and engagement
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums