Capital Raising (10284.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Online
|| UC - Ducere, Online
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Accurately value market potential for new ventures;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of various capital fundraising methods and strategies;
3. Analyse the various types of business funding available to organisations;
4. Develop pitch capabilities to secure funding for new ventures; and
5. Create basic financial projections to support business investment decisions.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
PrerequisitesStudents must complete 36 credit points before enrolling in this unit.
CorequisitesStudents must be enrolled in one of the following courses: 332JA OR 333JA OR 334JA OR 335JA AND Must be enrolled in, or have completed 9934 Managing Money and Finances
Assumed knowledgeBasic understanding of finance, derived from undertaking the unit 9934 Managing Money and Finances.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 1||01 February 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 2||05 April 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 3||01 June 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2021||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 5||27 September 2021||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2022||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 1||31 January 2022||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2022||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 2||04 April 2022||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
|2022||UC - Ducere, Online||Period 3||30 May 2022||Online||Dr Jennifer Loh|
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
The below is applicable to Ducere students:
All coursework must be submitted online via the submission portals set up within the Ducere Learning Management System.
The submission file name should be in the following format:
Further details can be found in the Ducere Course Outline.
Special assessment requirements
To pass this unit, students must obtain an aggregate mark of 50% or more.
Daily activity on the Ducere Learning Management System is strongly recommended.
Required IT skills
Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite or equivalent is highly recommended.
A desire to explore new software and technologies is encouraged.
Basic navigation skills to utilise the Learning Management System effectively.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Period 5, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (203044)
- Period 3, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (202781)
- Period 2, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (203574)
- Period 1, 2021, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (202496)
- Period 5, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197682)
- Period 3, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197684)
- Period 1, 2020, Online, UC - Ducere, Online (197683)