Foundation Computing 2 (10129.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|University Of Canberra College||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Use Mahara for portfolio purposes;
2. Work collaboratively using forums;
3. Work in groups in a university setting;
4. Extend knowledge of and skills in using a word processor to produce more complex and longer documents; and
5. Develop knowledge of and skills in using a spreadsheet package to design and produce simple spreadsheets and charts.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
CorequisitesMust be enrolled in University of Canberra International Foundation Studies, 100CC.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 2||21 June 2021||On-Campus||Ms Carol Drew|
|2021||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 3||18 October 2021||On-Campus||Ms Carol Drew|
|2022||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 2||20 June 2022||On-Campus||Ms Carol Drew|
|2022||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 3||17 October 2022||On-Campus||Ms Carol Drew|
None. Workbooks will be provided on the Canvas site.
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
Students will be required to submit all assesment items electronically on Canvas site.
Special assessment requirements
To satisfactorily complete this unit, students must:
- attempt ALL assessment task, and
- achieve 50% overall, and
Upon meeting these requirements students will awarded one of the following grade:
In the event that the student receives a FAIL grade (below 50), one of the following may be used in the final grading:
NX – Fail result based on failure to reach a pass grade in the unit having completed all assessment.
NC - Fail result based on failure to complete one or more of the assessment requirements.
NN - Fail result based on non-participation.
WH - Withheld result
Additional information for assessment:
- Dates for submission of continuous assessment will be set by the unit convener.
- Late Submission of Assignments: you will be penalised for handing in your assignments AFTER the due date. For each day by which the assignment is late, 10% of the total mark available will be deducted. Extreme lateness will result in assignments receiving a FAIL grade.
- Please retain a copy of all assignments submitted.
- Extensions will only be given for valid, documented reasons such as serious illness. Students must complete and submit Notification of Absence form at the UC College reception in building.
UC College monitors the attendance of International Foundation Program students daily and we will start taking attendance from first class. We are required to report students who fail to meet the attendance requirements of their student visa to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). Please note that you must maintain an attendance of at least 80% as required by the conditions on your student visa.
Required IT skills
This unit involves work with IT.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- UC College Trimester 3, 2020, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (196983)
- UC College Trimester 3, 2019, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (189792)
- UC College Trimester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (189758)
- UC College Trimester 2, 2018, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (180506)
- UC College Trimester 2, 2017, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (165577)
- UC College Trimester 2, 2016, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (162863)