Terms and Conditions
University of Canberra CareerHub – Terms and Conditions (Employers)
CareerHub is an online database that allows individuals, businesses, government and not-for-profit organisations to advertise job vacancies and/or voluntary positions to University of Canberra (UC) students and recent graduates. CareerHub at UC is managed by Careers UC.
A person/organisation wishing to list an available employment vacancy may add an advertisement subject to the following terms and conditions.
The use of ‘we’ and ‘our’ throughout this document refer to the University of Canberra.
The employment opportunities advertised on CareerHub will be displayed free of charge to direct employers. Third Party Recruiters may incur a fee for service. Any charges made by the University of Canberra will be at the discretion of Careers UC.
- It is the responsibility of the Advertisers/Employers/Organisations to ensure that all information they provide in their advertisement does not break any law or the rights on any person.
- The Advertiser/Employer/Organisation indemnifies University of Canberra against all claims, actions, suits, liabilities, costs and expenses incurred on any account by CareerHub as a result of listing or intended listing of any advertisement by that advertiser/Employer/ Organisation on any related site.
- Careers UC makes every effort to avoid errors in advertisements on CareerHub. However, we accept no responsibility or liability for any errors and require that advertisers check their advertisements for facts as soon as they are placed on the site(s). Any necessary amendments can be requested immediately.
- Careers UC reserves the right to either reject or remove any advertisements from its site for any reason whatsoever.
- CareersUC makes every effort to publish advertisements in the shortest possible time over normal business hours.
Requirements for advertisers:
To be eligible for registration on CareerHub, advertisers must provide:
- Trading and/or business name
- ABN registration number
- Country of business
- Physical address of the business
- Website address
- Email address and phone number
- Number of Employees
- Scope of Operations
- The industry of the business
For recruitment agencies/third party recruiters.
- Recruitment agencies may be charged a fee for placing advertisements on CareerHub. Please contact Careers UC for the exact cost via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recruitment agencies must disclose to Careers UC the organisation they are recruiting for.
- All vacancies will be accepted at the discretion of the Careers UC staff.
- Only genuine job vacancies will be considered for approval.
- General advertisements, for the purpose of collecting student data for prospective positions, will not be accepted.
Advertisement must comply with relevant law.
All roles advertised, which are based in Australia, must comply with relevant Australian laws, including Fair Work legislation, relevant awards or workplace agreements and Anti-Discrimination legislation.
Advertisements we will reject.
- Any position which does not meet Australian workplace law for minimum wage or national employment standards.
- Advertisements that pay by commission or benefits.
- Work without pay, unless listed by a registered charity or not for profit organisation, or where the position meets the requirements of a for-credit UC work integrated learning unit.
- Jobs where a wage is not guaranteed and is relied on a success of a product, service, or business concept.
- Jobs where an applicant must compete or undertake a challenge to be considered for the role.
- Roles which require students to register as an independent contractor.
- Illegal activity or roles that pose serious threat or harm to its employees.
- Opportunities which require students to pay an application or registration fee.
- Opportunities to participate in an unapproved or unethical research study.
- International opportunities will be considered on an individual basis. Roles will only be approved where the exact job details are clear and local pay rates are advised to Careers UC.
- Jobs in the home*. Roles listed by individuals for gardening, cleaning, babysitting, tutoring etc cannot be approved. * Home based positions, where an individual is registered under the NDIS, and has formalised a business structure for the NDIS ie: a government program, meeting relevant legislation, may be considered for approval.
- Any position that relates to work with or connected to companies that sell tobacco or where such employment would not be consistent with the principles of University of Canberra’s Tobacco-Free University Policy. Whether a position is or is not consistent with this policy will be decided by the University of Canberra in its absolute discretion.
University of Canberra will be under no liability to users and recruiters in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of services supplied by University of Canberra Careers UC Services.
Use of information you supply:
Careers UC may use information provided by organisations registered on CareerHub to:
- update you about CareerHub
- alert you to other services to facilitate recruitment
- send career-related/employment notices
- undertake labour market research
- ask questions to assist us in managing the CareerHub service
- provide to other areas of the university for industry engagement opportunities
- promote or invite you to employment related events and activities happening at UC.
If a student lodges a complaint with Careers UC about a job or opportunity sourced via CareerHub, Careers UC will investigate and take appropriate action. If required, Careers UC will contact the organisation named in the complaint for further information or clarification of the situation.