(8 hours per week)
Download a free course guide
Become a leader of digital influence in your workplace with this fully online, short six-week course.
This course will change the way you understand contemporary technology. Upon completion, you'll able to speak confidently about critical digital drivers and powerful technologies of influence. It will help you to improve your leadership capability and potential to lead through digital innovation and transformation.
This course is for emerging or mid-career professionals looking to accelerate their careers by understanding the key technologies and innovations impacting the digital economy. It also suits managers and senior leaders responsible for business units that depend on new or complex technologies.
Through a series of case studies focusing on the private and public sector, you’ll be guided through everything you need to know about cloud computing, cyber security, data science and automation. You'll also learn how to apply these concepts practically within your organisation.
Applications open 22 July 2021.
Research shows only 9% of organisational leaders feel their senior staff have the skills to transition successfully into the digital economy. With a significant portion of the workforce feeling taken over by the speed of change, completing this course will give you the confidence to take charge of technology in your career and stand out from the crowd.
This course gives individuals and organisations the opportunity to embrace the digital revolution and gives professionals the opportunity to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Who should apply for this course
This course is suitable for all levels of experience, whether you are a mature professional looking to build confidence with technology concepts, or someone wanting to accelerate your career through applications of new and complex technologies.
This course is suitable for professionals aspiring to take advantage of digital technology within their business and gain momentum to new and innovative business opportunities.
- Understand the concept of the digital economy, the fourth industrial revolution, and its effect on the day to day operations of an organisation
- Analyse the drivers that contribute to the digital transformation
- Identify the business case for digital technologies in an organisational context
- Learn agile methods to boost effective working practices in the digital economy
- Examine leadership approaches and explore what consistent individual, team, and organisational performances involve
Introduction to the digital economy
- Define megatrends, the 4IR and drivers of digital transformation
- Best practices for design thinking
- Identify technologies to drive business innovation
Cloud computing and cyber security
- Identify cloud computing and key drivers for cloud adoption
- Explore service models and available cloud deployment options
- Best practices for cyber-security
Data and analytics
- Define big data and how it creates value
- Establish data visualisation techniques
- Analyse UX design processes
AI and automation
- Best practice automation and Key AI concepts and frameworks
- Define how CX design processes and customer data drive customised marketing automation
Agile ways of working
- Drive productivity and value through agile working
- Compare agile methods with traditional project management
- Drive productivity with experimentation
Leadership in the digital economy
- Explore leadership and the digital economy
- Identify environments for sustainable leadership
- Leading organisations by evolution to reflect and maximise success
Why choose UC Pro
Backed by the reputation of one of Australia’s top 10 universities.
THE World University Rankings 2020
University expertise with practical workforce skills. Taught by industry experts.
Fast and flexible
Short courses that fit in with your busy lifestyle.
Study your way
Online, in-person and blended learning to suit your lifestyle.
Upon completion of the Digital Transformation course you will earn a digital badge and certificate of completion from UC Pro that you can share on your resume and LinkedIn profile.