(8-10 hours per week)
Download a free course guide
As the world becomes increasingly data-driven, upskilling in data visualisation and data analysis has never been more crucial. By building your proficiency in a system such as Tableau, you’ll develop the ability to represent and communicate insights behind various types of data.
Want to position yourself with sought-after skills in data and business analytics? This short, online course could be the perfect fit. You’ll have the opportunity to investigate a series of case studies, while learning how to identify and manage multiple sources of data.
The strong practical foundation of this course means you’ll build the confidence to transform raw data into actionable insights. Upon completion of the course, you’ll be able to confidently visualise, interpret and communicate various data sets to support effective decision-making.
As technology has advanced, so has the demand for skills in data visualisation and analysis. In fact, data analytics is deemed as a critical component to drive efficacy and new business models in the fourth industrial revolution1.
If you want to secure meaningful career progression, this Data Visualisation and Storytelling course will help you achieve your goals. Built and designed to address requirements of the industry today, the skills developed will equip you with the confidence to implement solutions in a range of real-world contexts of tomorrow.
1McKinsey Analytics, 2018
Who should apply for this course
- Emerging and mid-career professionals seeking to develop skills in data analysis and data interpretation
- Individuals wanting to establish a career in data or business analytics
- Professionals who wish to enhance their data visualisation capabilities
- Individuals seeking career progression and promotion in a broad range of fields
- A graduate wishing to enter a professional role by upskilling in quantitative data management, visualisation techniques and predictive modelling
- Those working in the public and private sector
- A great addition for graduates of the UC Pro short course in Data Analytics
- Design and develop effective, accessible visualisations and dashboards
- Develop strategies to deploy operational dashboards that improve the decision-making capability in an organisation
- Create and visualise predictive models and forecasts
- Articulate best practice for working with data, and highlight ethical considerations
Learn from industry experts
Felipe is a data visualisation expert, helping teams build data visualisation solutions in a strategically-aligned, commercially-oriented and customer-centred way. He is a passionate s instructor helping disseminate techniques in both classrooms and online settings. With an extensive industry experience, Felipe is often required by marketing, sales, finance, technology and strategy teams to deliver analytical solutions that are easy to use, understand and implement. He currently serves as the data visualisation and storytelling advisor for the South Australian Health Department’s Commission on Excellence and Innovation in Health’s Clinical Informatics Group. Felipe is a v/blogger in predictive analytics, statistical learning and data visualisation.
Linda is the UC Pro Student Success Advisor. Linda has over twenty years’ experience in higher education with expertise in Information Technology, student experience and operational management. Linda supports students studying UC Pro courses to ensure they have a smooth and enjoyable learning experience.
Introduction to data visualisation
- Introduction to data visualisation
- Data design fundamentals
- Designing charts
- Visualising complex relationships
Data visualisation in Tableau
- Getting started with Tableau
- Creating charts in Tableau
- Interactive Visualisations
- Dashboards and business metrics
- Dashboard design
- Creating dashboards in Tableau
Data communication and storytelling with Tableau
- Accessible dashboards
- Communicating insights
- Supporting dashboard adoption
Introduction to predictive analytics
- Predictive analytics
- Data modelling
- Predictive models and forecasting
Ethics and emerging trends
- Ethics and analytics
- New ways of working for data analysts
- Next steps
This course taught me relevant skills for my work, and at a pace I was able to fit into a full-time job and busy routine. I really enjoyed the opportunity to develop my skills and particularly having Felipe as the subject matter expert delivering the course.
- Thomas Wyatt
Why choose UC Pro
Backed by the reputation of one of Australia’s top 10 universities.
THE World University Rankings 2020
University expertise with practical workforce skills. Taught by industry experts.
Fast and flexible
Short courses that fit in with your busy lifestyle.
Study your way
Online, in-person and blended learning to suit your lifestyle.
Upon completion of the Data Visualisation and Storytelling course you will earn a digital badge and certificate of completion from UC Pro that you can share on your resume and LinkedIn profile.