(8 hours per week)
Payment in international currency is accepted at check out. Please check the current conversion rates.
Download a free course guide
Advance your software engineering or system administration career with this short six-week course, where you’ll acquire the fundamental skills required to develop and operate one of the world’s most advanced and influential technologies.
Apache Kafka is the open-source technology of choice across industry leaders, used for building high-performance data pipelines, streaming analytics and providing a platform to facilitate data integration.
Delivered by open-source industry experts Instaclustr, you’ll engage with 100 per cent online content in the form of hands-on workshops of webinars, online forums, self-paced assignments and assessments.
Upon completion of the course, you’ll be prepared to take the optional exam to become an Instaclustr certified developer for Apache Kafka.
(Apache and the Apache Kafka are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation.)
Utilised by over 80 per cent of Fortune 100 companies, Apache Kafka developers are becoming highly sought after. Gain the skills necessary to unlock new career opportunities as an Apache Kafka certified software engineer or systems administrator, giving you the ability to pursue careers as a Kafka project manager, Kafka big data architect or Kafka testing professional.
Who should apply for this course
IT professionals, software engineers, system administrators and system operators wanting to remain at the forefront of open-source software.
Attendees are not expected to have prior experience with Kafka. Basic understanding and experience with Linux and Docker would be beneficial but not necessary to perform the exercises.
A basic understanding of Java is recommended for this course as all exercises are performed using this technology.
- Understand the fundamentals of Apache Kafka including core concepts, architecture and the ecosystem.
- Learn to build and manage Kafka clusters using industry best practices.
- Learn to configure, monitor and troubleshoot Kafka clusters.
- Learn how to code and build applications that can both publish and consume data from a Kafka cluster.
- Learn advanced concepts including security and core supporting tools and ecosystem services.
- Gain certification as a developer for Apache Kafka following successful completion of all modules, their corresponding practical workshops and a concluding exam.
- Introduction to Kafka
- Kafka technical overview
- Kafka basics lab
Kafka Building Blocks
- Topic design and partitioning
- Coding first producer
- Coding first consumer
- Coding first consumer group
- Exactly once delivery semantics
- Schema registry
- Kafka REST proxy
Advanced Kafka concepts
- Working with Kafka connect
- Kafka streams
- Coding first connector
- Kafka JMX monitoring
- Kafka cruise control
- Kafka security
Why choose UC Pro
Backed by the reputation of one of Australia’s top 10 universities.
THE World University Rankings 2020
University expertise with practical workforce skills. Taught by industry experts.
Fast and flexible
Short courses that fit in with your busy lifestyle.
Study your way
Online, in-person and blended learning to suit your lifestyle.
Upon completion of the Developer Training and Certification for Apache Kafka course you will earn a digital badge and certificate of completion from UC Pro and Instaclustr that you can share on your resume and LinkedIn profile.
This certification is not endorsed by the ASF or the Apache Kafka project