(8-10 hours per week)
Download a free course guide
The necessity for businesses to respond quickly to market needs in a technology driven world, has spawned the need for responsive project management, product development and delivery, all of which are found in Agile methodologies.
Agile is a leaner approach to project management that allows rapid adjustments to the needs of the client, enabling a greater focus on high-priority initiatives. It is not just a set of processes, it’s a mindset that can reap great business outcomes beyond traditional project management.
Master the art of agile and project management methodology in this six-week, 100% online course. Learn the most popular frameworks including Scrum, SAFe and Kanban and explore the popular support tools and technology to bring the methodology to life. Get the chance to apply an agile project approach to a real project plan and explore change management methodologies for applying this approach in your workplace.
Applications open 22 July 2021.
As the opportunities for Agile adoption grow, so has the need for Agile mindsets and capabilities. Traditional Project Management roles have had to pivot to Agile methodologies, and many employees working in various forms of product development roles have taken on iterative development mindsets.
A strong understanding of the importance of working in Agile is a must have for anyone working in a project-based environment. Skills in Agile can lead to a career as a project manager, product owner, scrum master, delivery manager/lead or business analyst.
Who should apply for this course
- Project managers, product managers and general managers looking to better understand critical Agile concepts and transform product development teams to deliver greater business value
- Career changers and entrepreneurs will benefit from understanding Agile frameworks to get products and ideas to market in the most effective way
- Professionals in the early stage of their career looking to advance their skills and gain a solid understanding of the foundations to begin a career in product development
- Technology business leaders who need to understand how Agile working practices will benefit their team and organisation
- Entrepreneurs with an idea for a new product or service and need to understand at a high level an effective way to get to a finished digital good or service
- Those working in the public and private sector
- Compare popular Agile frameworks including Scrum, SAFe and Kanba
- Identify opportunities for Agile ways of working
- Investigate common tools for Agile project and product management
- Plan an Agile project using an appropriate Agile framework
- Analyse change management strategies used for implementing Agile
Introduction to Agile
- Agile manifeston
- Agile methodologies vs. frameworks
- Evolution of agile
- Drivers and benefits of Agile adoption
- What is scrum and scrum@scale
- Key members and stakeholders
- Scrum artifacts and ceremonies
- Scrum for development, delivery and sustainability
- Why implement Scrum
- What is SAFe?
- SAFe principles
- SAFe vs Scrum
- Why implement SAFe
- What is Kanban?
- Kanban assets
- Kanban vs. Scrum vs. SAFe
- Why implement Kanban
- Making the most of Agile ways of working
- Iterative development
- Process improvement
- Introduction to Design Thinking
- Focusing with personas and problem scenarios
- Articulating great user stories Continuous improvement
Why choose UC Pro
Backed by the reputation of one of Australia’s top 10 universities.
THE World University Rankings 2020
University expertise with practical workforce skills. Taught by industry experts.
Fast and flexible
Short courses that fit in with your busy lifestyle.
Study your way
Online, in-person and blended learning to suit your lifestyle.
Upon completion of the Agile Methodology and Project Management course you will earn a digital badge and certificate of completion from UC Pro that you can share on your resume and LinkedIn profile.