Cancellation and Transfer
If you want to cancel your test or request a transfer of the IELTS test, you must do this at least five weeks prior to the scheduled test date
- You must complete a cancellation/transfer request form and post us the original paper copy or bring it into our office
- You will receive a full refund minus an administrative fee
- Transfer requests:
- You must pay an administrative fee along with your application form.
- Once the transfer application has been approved for the selected test date, you will be granted a transfer.
- Placement at a future test date depends on availability.
- Please note that candidates are only allowed to transfer their test date once within three months of the original test date.
In order to cancel your test or request a transfer within five weeks of the test date
for medical reasons:
- You must provide supporting medical evidence in the form within five working days of the test date.
- Only evidence of serious illness of hospital admission or serious injury will be considered.
- Only original medical certificates will be accepted.
- The medical certificate must state your inability to appear for the test on the scheduled test date.
due to the bereavement of a close family member or hardship/trauma:
- Valid evidence is required for an exemption to be made. Please contact our centre for further information.
for any reason other than a medical issue, bereavement or hardship/trauma:
- You will not be eligible to receive a refund.
What to do
- Download the IELTS Cancellation/Transfer form (PDF 162KB) and complete it in full
- Send it to us along with the appropriate documents and/or evidence no later than five working days after the test date via e-mail AND in post/in person.
- Documents accepted include a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, a death certificate or a police report.