Research Services provides administrative support to researchers in their bid to procure and manage research funds from external funding bodies.
Support is provided through-out the lifecycle of all externally-funded research projects with our team providing assistance with applications, submission, contract management and all post-award administration. In addition to highlighting opportunities from more traditional funding bodies, we also work with a wide range of funders including primary industry corporations and philanthropic trusts to maximise our researchers capacity to attract funds.
Our services include:
- Providing seminars on major grant rounds;
- Providing advice on success rates;
- Providing advice on submission procedures;
- Managing the submission of grant applications;
- Providing advice on budget preparation;
- Reviewing applications against sponsor guidelines;
- Tips for improving the competitiveness of applications;
- Grant writing training in partnership with the Graduate Researcher and Researcher Development Office (GRRD UCReD);
- Revision and negotiation of funding agreements; and
- Management of post-award issues such as variations, deferral and transfers
Researchers at the University of Canberra can access the services by logging in to the MyUC Staff portal.