Institute PHD Opportunities in 2019
The IAE has over 50 PhD students working on a wide range of research topics. We are looking for more students to work on a number of exciting projects including genetics, conservation biology, environmental DNA, and ecotoxicology.
Projects listed in this booklet include:
- Fish Cytogenetics
- Does dynamic ecological change cause rapid evolution?
- Sex in Dragons
- Unisexual Fish Evolution
- Environmental DNA (eDNA) for multi-species detection in Australian freshwater systems
- Freshwater Fish Conservation Biology
- Developing cellulosic fibres as biosorptive material of heavy metals in waterways
- Using metal-tolerant hemp varieties for mine site rehabilitation
- Formation of metalloid nanoparticles by plants
- How does daily and seasonal temperature variability affect biodiversity?
- Diagnostic biomonitoring to detect the effects of specific stressors on stream macroinvertebrate communities
- Environmental variability and population dynamics of kangaroos
- Cost-effective management strategies for wild deer in Australia