UC-ACT Regional Health Observatory
The UC-ACT Regional Health Observatory has been established to respond to local and regional needs in addressing the burden of chronic disease and to influence public policy in favour of better health and wellbeing for all.
The observatory is a key element of the research program at the Centre for Research and Action in Public Health (CeRAPH) and will help support the prevention of chronic disease and the promotion of a healthier Australian Capital Territory Region.
- Reduce health inequalities
- Produce and disseminate health intelligence
- Strengthen research evidence for policy and practice
- Act as a source of expertise in health intelligence, indicator development and inequalities measurement and catalyst for population health improvement
- Advise on methods of evaluation and health impact
- Develop an online, searchable collection of aggregated data sets together with interactive presentation tools and spatial mapping capability
- Model mortality, disease and cost
- Facilitate the translation of health intelligence into evidence-informed policy and practice and increase co-research capacity between academics, policy makers, practitioners and Non-Government Organisations
Professor Rachel Davey
+61 2 6201 5359