How to Apply
The online HDR Application Portal is now live! Paper-based applications for Higher Degree by Research courses will no longer be accepted.
Applying online for a University of Canberra Higher Degree by Research course has four steps.
Step 1 – Click on the HDR Application Portal and create an account.
Step 2 – Check your eligibility to apply for a Higher Degree by Research using the Eligibility Calculator.
Step 3 – Complete an Expression of Interest (EOI). The Faculty will review and provide feedback to you. You may be invited by the Faculty to submit a full application (an EOI must be approved before you are invited by the Faculty to submit a full application).
Step 4 – If invited, log back into the HDR Application Portal and submit a full Application.
Questions about the HDR Application Portal?
- IT Issues (for access questions) - Servicedesk@canberra.edu.au
- Admissions - Research.email@example.com
Important Dates for Applications
Applications for admission only, (without scholarship) into HDR courses for:
- Semester 2, 2022 (to commence in August), will close on 31 May 2022, at 11.59pm AEST. Late semester 2, 2022 applications will be processed for admission for Semester 1, 2023. Expressions of Interest close on: 10 May 2022.
- Semester 1, 2023 (to commence in February), will close on 30 November 2022 at 11:59pm ADST. Expressions of Interest close on: 9 November 2022.
To ensure a smooth process, it is strongly recommended that you submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) through the HDR Application Portal at least three weeks prior to the advertised closing date for submitting full applications. It is not possible to submit a full application for admission without first being invited to apply by the Faculty, via the EOI process.
Scholarship Closing Dates
If you are applying for a Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship (as a new or current HDR candidate) you must submit your application via the HDR Application Portal for:
- Semester 2, 2022 by 11:59pm AEST, 29 April 2022.
- Semester 1, 2023 by 11:59pm AEST, 30 September 2022.
For further information refer to Research Scholarships.
The HDR Support Team is available to answer any queries from prospective HDR applicants and provide support to our HDR candidates and supervisors. The HDR Support team can be contacted in-person, telephone, email or MS Teams.
Our office counter is located in Building 1, Level B, Room 5. The HDR Support Team is available:
- Mondays to Thursdays, 10:00am to 3:00pm
- Fridays by appointment only.
You can contact us via telephone on 02 6206 8370 on Mondays to Thursdays, 10:00 am to 3:00pm.
Prospective applicants can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current HDR candidates and supervisors can email us at: email@example.com
If you have any questions or need advice, join one of the sessions below.
|Tuesdays and Thursdays||11:00am-12:00pm||Click here to join the meeting|