Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarships
Domestic and international applicants must apply through the HDR Application Portal.
Scholarship Closing Dates
If you are applying for a Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship (as a new or current HDR candidate) you must submit your application via the HDR Application Portal for:
- Semester 2, 2021 by 11:59pm AEST, 30 April 2021.
- Semester 1, 2022 by11:59pm AEST, 30 September 2021.
UC Industry Research Scholarships program
The University of Canberra is establishing 20 Industry co-funded research scholarships for PhD candidates commencing in semester 2, 2021 available in the following research areas:
- water quality; and blue green algae
- Australian flora and fauna – platypus; dung beetle; invasive plants ecology
- women in sports; cognitive fatigue and e-sports
- consumer engagement in health; health data
- lymphoma care seeking
- heritage and wellbeing
- lifetime returns to education
For more information about these scholarships and how to submit an Expression of Interest application, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click below for more information on available research scholarships
The University of Canberra offers a number of scholarships to enable suitably qualified students to undertake full-time study towards a higher degree by research. Selection is based on academic merit and research potential. Applicants must indicate they wish to study full-time to ensure they are assessed as eligible.
The HDR Support team administers the application and allocation process for domestic and international applicants and manages the administration processes during the tenure of the scholarship.
Information on scholarships offered for by Faculties can be found on their individual webpages.
- Applicants approved for admission to PhD with an Australian First-Class Honours result, or qualification or Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) considered by the University to be equivalent (e.g. Master by coursework with a research project of at least 25% of the course with a result of at least 80).
- Current PhD candidates who have successfully achieved Confirmation of Candidature and have completed less than two years of candidature (EFT) at 30 June 2021;
- Indigenous Australian applicants approved for admission to a PhD.
- Only complete applications that include all relevant forms with supporting documentation will be considered.
For the allocation of scholarships for Semester 2, 2021 the following applicants will be given priority:
At least one scholarship will be allocated to each of the following areas; Health, HASS and STEM.
If you are a current HDR candidate at the University of Canberra and wish to apply for a scholarship, you must complete a Scholarship application via the HDR Application Portal.
* Preference will be given to PhD candidates who have successfully achieved Confirmation of Candidature and have completed no more than two years of candidature (EFT, calculated at 30 June 2021 ).