Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarships
Domestic and international applicants must apply through the HDR Application Portal.
Scholarship Closing Dates
If you are applying for a Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship (as a new or current HDR candidate) you must submit your application via the HDR Application Portal for:
- Semester 1, 2022 by11:59pm AEST, 30 September 2021.
The University of Canberra offers a number of scholarships to enable suitably qualified students to undertake full-time study towards a higher degree by research. Selection is based on academic merit and research potential. Applicants must indicate they wish to study full-time to ensure they are assessed as eligible.
The HDR Support team administers the application and allocation process for domestic and international applicants and manages the administration processes during the tenure of the scholarship.
Information on scholarships offered for by Faculties can be found on their individual webpages.
- Applicants approved for admission to PhD with an Australian First-Class Honours result, or qualification or Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) considered by the University to be equivalent (e.g. Master by coursework with a research project of at least 25% of the course with a result of at least 80).
- Current PhD candidates who have successfully achieved Confirmation of Candidature and have completed less than two years of candidature (EFT) at 31 December 2021;
- Indigenous Australian applicants approved for admission to a PhD.
- Only complete applications that include all relevant forms with supporting documentation will be considered.
For the allocation of scholarships for Semester 1, 2022 the following applicants will be given priority:
If you are a current HDR candidate at the University of Canberra and wish to apply for a scholarship, you must complete a Scholarship application via the HDR Application Portal.
* Preference will be given to PhD candidates who have successfully achieved Confirmation of Candidature and have completed no more than two years of candidature (EFT, calculated at 31 December 2021 ).