UC International Partner Applicants
The University of Canberra partners with a number of international organisations to provide a range of funded English language pathways and scholarship support to approved students. Currently our partner organisations are:
- Ministry of Religious Affairs, Indonesia (MORA)
- Republic of Indonesia Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Indonesia (RISTEKDIKTI)
- Vietnam Iinternational Education Development, Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam (VIED)
For applicants associated with these international partner agreements, the preferred process is as follows:
- Applicant to submit a complete application to the University (see here for application information and form)
- Application to include:
- Completed UC application form, indicating partner agreement the applicant is associated with, e.g. MORA, VIED, RISTEKDIKTI
- Research proposal (on BGL template if required)
- Academic transcripts and testamurs (originals and translations)
- Proof of English language proficiency (Academic IELTS, TOEFL scores)
- Birth certificate or passport
- Supervisors need not be identified at application stage (will be identified by Faculty or Research Institute)
- Referees' reports need to be provided at application stage, however, it is at the discretion of the Faculty or Research Institute and may be requested.
- Once the required information is received by HDR Support, the application will be sent to the relevant Faculty or Research Institute. Applications from our partner organisations are assessed as priority applications, and the requested turnaround time for an outcome is two weeks.
- HDR Support will notify the applicant of the outcome.
- Applicants are asked to submit a full application rather than send an enquiry for supervision. Applications from partner organisations are processed as priority applications. If the application form does not include details of the partner agreement that the applicant is associated with, it will not be treated as a priority application.
- Although supervisors are not required to be identified at application stage, applicants are encouraged to utilise the UC Research Portal to search for academic staff whose research aligns with their own, and include their name in the application as a potential supervisor.
Enquiries regarding this process can be directed to Sharon McCrindle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on the specific details of each of the above partner agreements can be found on our International HDR Scholarships page under the section 'Sponsored pathways to PhD'