Dr Abu Saleh
School of Management
Highest Qualification – Phd
HDR Completions - 2
My research interest includes international relationship marketing, services marketing, innovation management and entrepreneurship. My research has diverse implications for marketing as well as business management academics: contributing to extant theories, providing new insights for practitioners pointing to build connections across cultures and environments, and helping businesses comprehend and implement long-term international or importer-exporter trust and commitment relationship mechanisms. My publications are vital to the developing country context and have strategic implications for cross-cultural business partners. The research further includes Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Innovation and Sustainability in Services. I have published my scholarly papers in numerous international journals and received awards for excellent research papers.
- The World Bank (through UGC and Jogonnath University, Bangladesh) has approved me with a grant of over $43,000 to deliver research teaching and training programs (as a consultant) to university academics in Bangladesh. The total amount of the project is $201,109 (app.). This project has been approved through the University of Canberra Research Support Office;
- I am a team member of an approved Malaysian project on "Muslim Consumers' Perception toward Halal Branded Products and Services". The grant amount was MR500,000 (A$168,650). Final report of this project has been submitted.
- Relational Management Paradigm in an International Setting: A Future Research Agenda. Management Decision. 52(2), 268-289; IF: 1.665 (5-Year), IPP 1.953 (Scopus indexed)
- Saleh, M.A., Ali, M.Y. and Mavondo, F.T. (2014) Drivers of importer trust and commitment: Evidence from a developing country. Journal of Business Research Vol. 67(12) 2523–2530; IF: 2.324 (5-Year), IPP 2.244 (Scopus indexed)
- Saleh, M.A., Ali, M.Y. Julian, C.C., (2014) International buyer behaviour-commitment relationship: an investigation of the empirical link in importing. International Business Review. 23(2), 329-342; IF: 2.433 (5-Year), IPP 2.399 (Scopus indexed)
- Bianchi, C. and Saleh, M.A. (2010) On importer trust and commitment: A comparative study of two developing countries. International Marketing Review. 27(1), 55-86. IF: 2.206 (5-Year), IPP 2.305 (Scopus indexed)
Google Scholar Profile
Abu is available for a HDR supervision consultation to prospective students.
Areas of Research Interest
- International relationship marketing
- Services marketing
- Innovation and management
- SME and Entrepreneurship
- Transaction cost theory
- Internationalization process theory
- Resource-based theory of the firm
Research Methods of Interest
- Mixed method