Dr Suneeta Sathye
School of Accounting and Finance
Highest Qualification – PhD
HDR Completions – 1
My research is focused on foreign direct investments, micro finance, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate financial disclosures. My research pertains mainly to developing countries. I use quantitative approach in my studies.
- 2013: University of California / Bill-Melinda Gates Foundation: Value USD20,000 approx. Leveraging Mobile Value Added Services for Inclusive growth of Women Micro-entrepreneurs in Fiji.
- Sathye, S., 2011, "Foreign direct investment and economic growth: Is infrastructure an issue?", Journal of Academy of Business and Economics, Vol. 11, Issue 2, pp. 123-129.
- Sathye, S., 2010, "Growth of African LDCs: Does Foreign Direct Investment Matter?", Journal of International Business and Economics, Vol. 10, Issue 1, pp.134-140.
- Sathye, S., 2009, "Determinants of Foreign Acquisitions: the Case of Indian Steel Sector", International Journal of Business Strategy, Vol. 9, Issue 1, pp. 111-115.
- Sathye, S., 2009, "The Development of Sub-Saharan Africa: the Role of Foreign Direct Investments", International Journal of Business Research, Vol. 9, Issue 3, Special Issue, pp. 136-141.
- Sathye, S., 2008, "Investment Development Path Theory and the Case of India", International Review of Business Research Papers, Vol. 4, pp. 299-309.
Suneeta is available for a HDR supervision consultation to prospective students.
Areas of Research Interest
- Foreign Direct Investments (FDI)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M & A)
Research Theories / Models of Interest
- My research is mainly based on Investment Development Path and Agency Cost theories