Dr Habib Khan
School of Accounting and Finance
Highest Qualification – PhD, CPA
HDR Completions - Nil
Phone No.: +61 (2) 6201 5839
My research strengths are CSR and sustainability reporting in banking sector, societal, political and cultural aspects of management control system, multi-dimensional performance measurement system and Balanced scorecard (BSC) in service sectors and pro-environmental behaviour using behavioral theories and applying mixed method of research design. I have independently and collaboratively conducted and successfully completed many research projects published more than twenty five articles in the peer reviewed quality international academic journals and presented in international conferences, including extensive research publications relevant to banking industry and manufacturing organisations. I am well recognised internationally in the area of CSR and sustainability reporting in the developing countries banking industry, multi-dimensional performance measurement system in emerging economics and through peer-reviewed publications published in reputed journals including Social Responsibility Journal, Environmental Education Research, Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economics, Corporate Control and Ownership, and International Journal of Law and Management. Corroborating my research priorities and interest, in the past, my research endeavour has also extended in inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary area such as sustainable tourism. I also have been acknowledged in the international area through my role as a reviewer in many international journals of which social responsibility journal, Journal of Business Ethics are most notable. My research papers are widely cited.
- 2017- ASEAN Federation of Accountants (AFA) Research grant on ‘Key institutional environments of SMEs and Role of Accountants for SME development’ $19,253 in Singaporean dollar (SGD) (partnering with other colleagues at UC).
- 2017- Vice Chancellor Early Career Academic Research Development (ECARD) Grant- $10,000.
- "Intangible assets, business strategy performance measures and organisational performance", Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor Conference Grant, Australia, 2013. Grant amount $5,000.
- 2016-‘Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) research grant’ on the project ‘Factors influencing Indigenous students in Accounting and Finance studies: A political, historical, institutional perspective’ with Dr Jesmin Islam, Professor Monir Mir and Dr Abu Mollik - $4500.
- ‘Finalist’- Equity and Diversity Award, Vice Chancellor Excellence Awards-2016, University of Canberra, Australia
- “Research Excellence Award-2011”, Faculty of Business and Economics, Macquarie University, Australia.
- “Research Excellence Award-2012”, Faculty of Business and Economics, Macquarie University, Australia.
- “Best Presenter Award”-2010, Accounting and Finance track, Macquarie University’s Faculty of Business and Economics HDR Research Expo, 2010, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
- “Dean Merit List of the Year”-2001, Faculty of Business Studies, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, for securing cumulative grade point average (CGPA) 4 out of 4 in a year at the BBA Hons program.
- Dean’s Excellence Award in the category of Student Nomination for outstanding Teaching and Learning’-2016, Faculty of Business, Government & Law, University of Canberra, Australia.
- Khan, H.Z. (2017). “What drives green banking disclosure: An institutional and corporate governance perspective”, Asia Pacific Journal of Management. (Forthcoming issue; Scimago Q1; A in ABDC; Impact factor 2.024) (Co-authored with others). DOI: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10490-017-9528-x
- Khan, H.Z (2017). ‘The non-financial disclosures and firm performance: The initiation of Financial inclusion’, Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics ( Forthcoming issue, Q2 in Scimago; A in ABDC) (Co-authored with others).
- Fatima, J. K., Khan, H.Z., and Goh, E. (2016). Environmental knowledge and behavioural outcomes of tourism students in Australia: Towards Testing a Range of Mediation and Moderated Mediation Effects. Environmental Education Research, Vol. 21 747-764, UK(A in ABDC; Q1 in SCImago). DOI: 10.1080/13504622.2015.1050356 (Journal Impact factor: 1.29).
- Fatima, J. K., Khan, H.Z., and Halabi, A (2016). The mediating impact of social interactions on ecotourism: Evidence from Australia. Tourism Analysis: An Interdisciplinary Journal, Vol. 20 85-91,USA(A in ABDC).
Habib is available for a HDR supervision consultation to prospective students.
Areas of Research Interest
- Multi-dimentional performance measures and balanced scorecard in the banking sector
- Sustainability and CSR reporting in banking industry
- Social, political and cultural aspects of Management control system and performance measurement
- Pro-environmental behavior and sustainable eco-tourism practices
Research Theories / Models of Interest
- Sociological theoretical frameworks
- Positivistic theories
Research Methods of Interest
- Qualitative research design and qualitative case-study based approach
- Positivistic and scientific research methods involving Structural equation modelling (SEM).