Dr Craig Applegate
Academic Fellow at the Institute for Governance & Policy Analysis
School of Government & Policy
Highest Qualification - PhD
HDR completions - 5
I am interested in international issues relating to trade, finance and debt. My training is in economic and finance theory. My Ph.D. was on Australia's foreign debt.
- Applegate, C. and Sadleir, C. (2013) 'Do preferential trade agreements provide reasonable insurance ?', Int. J. Public Policy, Vol. 9, Nos. 4/5/6, pp. 389–399;
- "The impact of paid work on the academic performance of students at the University of Canberra: A preliminary Analysis." (jointly with Anne Daly) Australian Journal of Education August 2006 Vol. 50 No 2 pp.155-166;
- "Capital controls as a means of minimising speculative bubbles in real exchange rates: Key features of the literature and its application to China and India." Economic Papers September 2003;
- "Sovereign Risk and the External Cost of both Public and Private Foreign Debt' Economic Papers Vol. 15. No. 1 March 1996, pp. 76-78.
Craig is available for a HDR supervision consultation to prospective students.
Areas of Research Interest
- International Trade
- Open Economy Macroeconomics
- Foreign debt
Research Theories / Models of Interest
- Macroeconomic theory
- Trade theory
- Finance theory
Research Methods of Interest
- Theoretical economic models