International Poetry Studies
The International Poetry Studies research pillar (IPSI) conducts research related to poetry and publishes and promulgates the outcomes of this research internationally.
We publish poetry and interviews with poets, as well as related material, from around the world. Publication of such material takes place in the online journal Axon: Creative Explorations, and through other vehicles, such as special journal issues and IPSI's chapbook series.
Our goals include working—collaboratively, where possible—to further the appreciation and understanding of poetry, poetic language and the cultural and social significance of poetry. We organise the annual Poetry on the Move Festival, research symposia, seminars, readings and other poetry-related activities and events.
We aim to develop new communities of poetry and to make new links between poets wherever they are. It aims to celebrate the complexity and variety of poetry and, while doing so, to bring poetry to the attention of as wide an audience as possible.
International Poetry Studies investigates, values and disseminates poetry and research into poetry throughout the world.
We aim to:
- build understandings about the connections between poetry and knowledge
- raise the profile of poetry as a university-based discipline
- develop connections with Australian and international research organisations with an interest in poetry
- develop connections with Australian and international poetry organisations to enhance knowledge about and the dissemination of poetry
- publish poetry and writings about poetry of a high quality
- convene seminars, short courses, public lectures, public readings, symposia and other events primarily focused on contemporary poetry
- mentor poets, research students and early career academics whose interest lies in research about poetry and the production and dissemination of poetry
International Poetry Studies will:
- conduct and publish original research into poetry, focusing on contemporary poets and their writing
- publish the international online journal, Axon: Creative Explorations (www.axonjournal.com.au)
- conduct, publish and otherwise disseminate interviews with poets from around the world
- publish anthologies and chapbooks of poetry
- cooperate with universities and other educational institutions nationally and internationally to facilitate and participate in tertiary educational programs related to poetry
- cooperate with poetry centres, institutions, and other poetry organisations within Australia and worldwide.
The acronym 'IPSI'
'IPSI' is a scholarly and non-commercial institute of poetry and research into poetry under the auspices of the University of Canberra. Use of the acronym 'IPSI' does not imply any connection with or endorsement by products, services or organisations that use the same acronym. Use is without prejudice to any holder of a trade mark or statutorily protected identifier that features the acronym 'IPSI'. Use is consistent with Australian intellectual property law and international conventions regarding such use.
|Professor Paul Hetherington||Head, International Poetry Studiesemail@example.com|
October 14-17, 2021
Poetry on the Move 2020
June to November Online
Poetry on the Move 2019
17–21 October 2019
A Festival of Poetry, Gorman Arts Centre and Canberra Museum & Gallery (CMAG)
A Festival of Poetry, University of Canberra, 13 - 17 September 2018
University of Canberra, 14 - 21 September 2017 | Event details
University of Canberra, 6–16 September 2016 | Event details
No results were found