UC CIRI is running a series of seminars on a wide variety of topics related to Indigenous issues. Where possible, we have filmed or provided slides from the seminars which are available for download, however these slides are subject to copyright and may not be used without the express permission of the author(s).
Please note: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people should be aware that this website may contain images, voices or names of deceased persons in photographs, film, audio recordings or printed material.
Some material may contain terms that reflect authors' views, or those of the period in which the item was written or recorded, but may not be considered appropriate today. These views are not necessarily the views of the University or UC CIRI. While the information may not reflect current understanding, it is provided in an historical context.
Click here to view non UC CIRI events that we have advertised
In the tabs below are the details (and for some events, videos) of past UC CIRI seminars.
- Shifting paradigms: placing Australian Indigenous educational endeavours on new footings (16 Oct 18)
- Strategies to Transform the Educational Experiences and Outcomes for Indigenous Students (15 Oct 2018)
- Student Research Retreat (12-14 Oct 2018)
- Should non-Indigenous Australians have a relationship with Country? (13 Jun 2018)
- 'Beyond the Guest Paradigm: Toward a new Dreaming of Australian Aboriginal Higher Education', presented by Professor Bob Morgan (16 May 2018)
- Aboriginal Agriculture: Aboriginal cultural land management and sustainable and productive rural practice for the 21st Century (9 May 2018)
- Basics of Restorative Practice (28 Nov 2017)
- Yarning Circle on Restorative Practice to 'Close the Gap' (28 Nov 2017)
- Restorative Practice in Healthcare ~ The Value of Voice (28 Nov 2017)
- 'Getting the Creative Juices Going', Student Writing Workshop - Anita Heiss (19 Sep 2017)
- Ngunnawal Lecture 2017 "Collaborating with Children on Country to Improve Literacy" - Dr Anita Heiss (19 Sep 2017)
- Why not secession? - Vincent Redhouse (3 Aug 2016)
- 'Go cry over somebody else's tragedy' Using humour against injustice and misrepresentations of Indigenous communities - Jeff Berglund (24 May 2016)
- Fear and Assuagement: Representations and engagements of First Nations' Peoples across national museum spaces - Sandy O'Sullivan (9 Mar 16)
- What makes for successful teaching of mathematics for remote and very remote learners? The importance of middle leaders - Robyn Jorgensen (19 Nov 2015)
- Reclamation of traditional foods in Indigenous communities: Benefits, barriers and challenges - Stewart Sutherland & Tim Stevenson (2 Nov 2015)
- 'Time for Talking up Loud' Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander voices shaping Australian research - Lynore Geia (26 Oct 2015)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Leadership Research - Romlie Mokak (16 Jul 2015)
- Critical success factors in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Higher Education - Peter Radoll (23 Feb 2015)
- Media and Indigenous policymaking in Shifting Terrains - Kerry McCallum (20 Oct 2014)
- True leadership? Exploring Indigenous Eldership values, principles and lifelong learning - Tjanara Goreng Goreng (22 Sep 2014)
- Indigenous research at the University of Canberra - Tom Calma (22 July 2014)
- Launch of UC CIRI - Tom Calma (22 Jul 2014)