Safety on Campus
Around the clock help
Our security team is available 24 hours a day to assist in handling an emergency or if you are feeling unsafe. We aim to provide a safe environment for all our students and staff.
If there is an emergency or you would like to report suspicious behaviour, theft or threats on campus please:
- Dial triple zero 000 for emergency services POLICE, FIRE OR AMBULANCE
- Call Campus Security on 62012222
- Use one of the Help Point Emergency Phones located across campus on most buildings and accommodation precincts and a Security guard will meet you at your destination.
- The Security team is identified by a uniform and identity card. They can be seen patrolling on foot or in the campus Security vehicle.
- Be aware of your surroundings, stay alert and walk purposefully.
- Stick to main roads rather than quiet unlit paths.
- Don't walk alone at night, Campus Security can escort you to your car or bus stop.
- If in trouble, make a lot of noise.
Information on state emergency services, Lifeline counsellors and health helplines.